I've been slowly reassembling the car since October. Things took a bit of a break in January after Christmas, but for the last two weekends I've done quite a bit of work. The first thing I tackled was a bunch of the exterior stuff; I got the hood handle/Porsche emblem on; I put on the fog lights and the rear tail lights and backup light; I reconditioned the wiring loom (lots of shrink-wrap was needed on various parts where the outer insulation had become brittle). After doing that, I moved onto the brakes, where I installed the missing hard lines and soft lines to the master cylinder, and hoses between the master cylinder and the reservoir. I still haven't filled the braking system yet though.
I moved for awhile to the interior, installing the pedal cluster, dash gauges, and test-fitting the steering wheel. I have a Wooden steering wheel as well made by Luisi that I may install; the plastic on the rim of the original wheel is badly deteriorated and I'm considering sending it out to be re-molded. In the meantime, I moved back outside the car.
I reassembled the pop-out quarter windows, which was a challenge...getting the rubber seal around the glass and then getting that inside the chrome window frame was a bit of a bear, as I had been warned. Getting the other seals in place and then getting that screwed into position was only a little bit easier. I've also done about 75% of the doors, window frames, and door glass, but I'm waiting on an additional vent window seal for the Passenger door to arrive, and I kind of messed up the order of operations (missed the outside chrome trim strip on the Driver's side) and had to back up.
I've had fun re-engaging with the Porsche 356 Registry (www.porsche356registry.org) and 356talk, who have provided good and timely advice and answers to some questions I've had on how things need to fit together. There is quite a bit of information on details of reassembly in a thread I started there, so I'm going to cross-post that here for reference.
You can read the information there for more detail. If I'm good at it, I will post more entries here as I finish reassembly in parallel with updates and questions there. Sometimes, work, family, etc. intervenes and I only have so much free time. Regardless, I still think a late Spring or Summer-time completion date is feasible. A little later than I originally thought in October, but then again, I knew that my original estimate was probably wrong. They all have been before...
I have also updated the gallery of photos of the car quite a bit. I'm taking as many pictures of things as I can while I reassemble so others can see progress and maybe help themselves if they have questions about details. You can view the image gallery here.